Saturday 2 July 2016

Are we nearly there yet?

Hello and welcome back to the Year Five Blog!

Blimey! I don't think my feet have touched the ground this week! Do you feel the same way? The build up to the end of any term is always very hectic but there's nothing quite like the Summer Term to help you realise what 'busy' truly means!

Anyway, enough of my rambling on, let's see what Year Five have been up to this week...

Wimbledon eat your heart out!


Words by Mr Dailey:

A superb sight it was this Friday afternoon with the best KS2 tennis players all attending the DASP tennis tournament. St Osmund's and St Mary's Pudd brought some exceptionally difficult players but ours battled on!


Huge congratulations to all the team for their hard efforts and for their sportsmanship with particular thanks to Noah and Evan for representing Year Five so successfully.

Thank you!
 
Miss Enever's Drawing

You have already been 'subjected' to Mrs Daniel's drawing (which really is improving!) so I thought it was Miss Enever's turn!



In case you were wondering, these are pictures that represent the events of 9th December in the book The Wreck of the Zanzibar by Michael Morpurgo. We had to try and summerise the chapter in six pictures which was rather tricky.

Worth a Mention Children

Image result for sad minion

Oh dear.
Not all of the teachers wrote on the board this week.
Mr Duffy, consider yourself named and shamed!
I will put up a picture on Monday.
Well done to those children who are on the board this week, you will get your moment of glory, don't you worry.


Golden Time

Image result for sad minion

Sadly, eleven Year Five children missed their Golden Time this week. Four (yes, four) children missed it this week as they were in Detention. Mmm, that's not good is it?

Can I be hopeful for next week? Please? 

Transfer Day


Just a quick reminder that this Thursday is our Transfer Day. I can't believe that it has already been a year since we met the majority of you for the first time!


The children will find out who their Year Six teacher will be during morning registration and will then spend the first two lessons with them. During Lesson Three, the children will meet and spend the hour with their new Maths teacher. In the afternoon it will be business as usual.

Your teacher will run through what will be happening during the day with you so don't panic!

As it will be a very busy day in the world of Year Five, we ask the children that once they are registered they do not come back into the Year Five corridor. I know that sounds mean but trust me, it's much easier if we don't see you again until Friday when we will look forward to hearing all about your day.


Credit Collection



As the end of term is approaching rather rapidly, please don't forget to get your credits signed. Unless they have been signed by the teacher who has awarded them to you (or equivalent) they they won't actually count so get collecting Year Five!

Celebration Assembly


The last Celebration Assembly of the year will be on Monday 18th July at 9.30am in the Drama Hall. We will be reviewing the fantastic year that we have had with a couple of surprises along the way!


So, that's it for another week.
Thank you for the super comments last week, please keep them coming this week!

Have a good week everyone!

Mrs Ray

(who is having the usual sleepless nights about Transfer Day!)


14 comments:

  1. Very good blog this week mrs ray i am looking forward to transfer day seeing our new teachers and being a model after school on thursday i can come i do have a summer dress as i said

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mishi Khan 5AD

    I hope you like your new class on transfer day,i think all of year 5 will miss all of the year 5 teachers when we are in year 6.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mishi Khan 5AD

    I hope you like your new class on transfer day,i think all of year 5 will miss all of the year 5 teachers when we are in year 6.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to meeting my new year 5 teachers. But I will also miss my year 5 teachers. Brilliant blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will also miss the 5 five blog I wonder if they have a year 6 blog

      Delete
    2. i absolutley loved transfer day i will really miss mrs cook but at the same time im exited for year six absolutley brilliant blog mrs ray!from abigail 5pc

      Delete
    3. do they have a year six blog actually or can we still go on the year 5 one?from abigail 5pc

      Delete
  5. Me and my Dad really enjoyed reading the blog this week and can't wait for transfer day. From Merry 5ER

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the tennis tournament on Friday. I am looking forward to neeting my new teachers.
    Noah Smith 5ER

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved transfer day but I will extremely miss MR Duffy and I will also miss Mrs ray my maths teacher

    ReplyDelete
  8. sometimes Mr Duffy does forget about what he is meant to be doing or where he is meant to go but that is the funny part abut him

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh.. why does it have to be nearly the end of term I'm actually really sad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mishi Khan 5AD

    I'm really upset to leave year 5 a specially since the homework is going to be a bit harder.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mishi Khan 5AD

    I'll miss all the year 5 teachers a specially Mrs Daniel
    who's maid my year good of her funny drawings.

    ReplyDelete