Sunday 26 June 2016

We are Champions!

Hello and welcome back to the Year Five Blog!

It was another very busy week, wasn't it Year Five? There were many highlights this week but I do think that Sports Day was the pinnacle of the week.
However, there are lots of things to share with you so here we go...

Lifesaver


In 5AD this week, we had an act of heroism to celebrate!
Young Kit (on the left) was in the midst of a choking situation and thanks to the quick action of our hero (on the right), the choking ceased and all was well.
Thank you young man, we were so impressed with your quick thinking...



Year 5 DASP Citizens


Congratulations to Harvey and Eden who were voted to be the recipients of this year's Year Five DASP Citizenship Award.
What a fantastic achievement!

Sports Day

What a brilliant day! A huge well done and 'Thank You' to every single child that participated in Sports Day. I hope that you enjoyed the day and thank you for being so well behaved and demonstrating fantastic sportsmanship.

Here are a few pictures (courtesy of Miss Enever) of the day:








The winners of the Tug of War - the very strong 5CW!

Sam the Dog from Queens Avenue decided she wanted to join in the fun!




















  

Well done to 5KD who were the overall winners of Year Five's Sports Day. I think Mr Duffy is still in shock!



Well done Shania, Georgia and Tyler from 5ER for being the overall Boccia winners! They were up against stiff competition from the rest of the school but they were victorious - brilliant!

Throwing some light on the situation...

5AD - I see you have been busy investigating in your Science lessons. What are you doing in these pictures?




Answers in the comments situation please...

Golden Time

Image result for puzzled minion

This week, seven children missed their Golden Time. However, no-one missed their Golden Time for having received a detention this week!

What is the betting we can reduce this number for next week?
Go on, I dare you!

Worth a Mention children


I wasn't even vaguely surprised when I looked at this week's Worth a Mention Children board this week.
Every single one of you are a 'Worth a Mention Child' and quite rightly so.
I am very proud of you all.



Well, that's it for another week.

Have a good week everyone and I will look forward to seeing how many of you have viewed the Blog and to have some comments to publish.

Mrs Ray

(who would like to thank 5ER and Year Five for all of their support during the Staff Relay. I'm sorry to disappoint Ry by not doing it in heels, maybe next year?!)





6 comments:

  1. As for a newbie parent to sports day at DMS I would just like to say I had much fun. Watching Isabelle in the tug of war with her class made me extremely vocal to a point which I thought I would be turfed out of the grounds for disturbing the peace! I was not and thankfully enjoyed a very competitive afternoon of Year 5 & 6 races. My daughter stopped running during her race, 150m sprint, which I thought was hilarious. And the best in show for me personally was listening to the new head teacher's running commentary of the events, skipping was my favourite. Thank you all for such a delightfully entertaining day and I look forward to the next one prepared with pimms! Mrs Mistry-Dyer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for everybody on sport day and well done Mrs Ray for writing the AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! blog and doing very well in the relay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved sports day as it was our first year doing it i would love to do it again tomorrow! i liked it when the teachers had to go against the parents in tug of war and when the teachers did the relay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved sports day as it was our first year i would love to do it again i liked it when the parents went against the teachers in tug of war and when the teachers did the relay well i think it was much better than my old schools sports day From Madi Seymour 5PC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done cricketers! Great work... I can't beleive you beat nearly everbody in the WHOLE county! Everyone thinks you did amazing! Mrs.Ray is especially proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't beleive the year has gone so quick. But i want to thank all the teachers in year 5 for being there for us when we needed them and for... Well Just being amazing Teachers, really! Thank you so much we all have had a great time in year 5!!
    We will all miss you when we go up to year 6!
    I am so sad i am leaving mrs.Daniel stranded to draw her fantastic ( Terrible ) pictures Alone and no one to laugh at them!!!!
    Just.. Thank you all!

    ReplyDelete