Sunday 6 December 2015

The Countdown has begun!

Hello and welcome back to the Year Five Blog!

What a busy, busy week! I always intend to write a fairly brief contribution to the blog but every week, without fail, it turns into a mega blog (or should that be choca-blog?)! Personally, I blame Year Five for doing so many lovely things that need sharing.
So, let's see what's going on this week...

Celebration Assembly

Image result for celebrating success

Please remember that next Monday's (14/12) Celebration Assembly will be held at 9.30am in the Drama Hall. If you can come, please report to Reception where you will be asked to sign in.
We aim to get you all seated by 9.25am so that we can get started at the allotted time.
There will be a lot of successes to celebrate so we have allowed ourselves the full hour. Not only will be celebrating the children's achievements, we will also hear the children sing and have a few little musical treats lined up for you.
We will also be putting labels in the children's Home/School at the beginning of next week to let you know if they will be  receiving certificates during the assembly.

Little People Christmas Decorations



Aren't these little chaps delightful? They were made by the fabulous Sally Boardman especially for Year Five.


Thank you to everyone who came and bought one of our gorgeous, handmade Christmas Decorations on Friday. We have already raised an incredible £68 towards a big trip next year.
They will be on sale every break time next week until they have gone!

Golden Time


Sadly, 16 children missed their Golden Time this week, mostly for forgetting to bring in their homework on time. Tsk!

Two children missed their Golden Time because they had received a detention in the week.

Well done to those children who enjoyed their Golden Time - how is Mrs Daniel getting on with mastering the diabalo?


Come on Year Five - you are so fabulous, you all deserve your Golden Time don't you? Well, let's start getting it right!!

Worth a Mention Children


A huge well done to this week's Worth a Mention children who are:
Alina, Michael, Isabelle, Daniel, Emily, Matthew, Freya, Tait, Poppy and Alec.
Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!


Pete's Party

That naughty little penguin continues to disrupt lessons - I believe he made an appearance in 5CW this week? I hope he was well behaved?


Here, Pete is with Kate. They have really bonded and now Kate is his unofficial keeper.
The question is, who will be next?!

Netball Success


Congratulations to the Y5 and 6 netballers who played against St.Osmund’s on Wednesday evening.  The red team won 9-1, the yellow team drew 1-1 and the blue team won 5-0.  
For most of them, it was their first time representing DMS.
Fantastic!

Speed Sharing

Towards the end of every term, Mr Chadwick comes into the Year Five corridor armed with a tin of sweets and a comfy chair ready to feast his eyes on the tremendous writing that the children have produced this term.






On Friday afternoon he saw 5KD, 5PC, 5AD and 5CW - that's no mean feat, I can tell you.
It's the turn of 5ER on Monday - we can't wait!
What piece of writing did you decide to share with Mr Chadwick and why did you choose it? 
If anyone responds to this question in the Comments section then I will give you a Citizenship Credit!


Is there a Doctor in the house?

We are in the process of writing about Emperor Penguins in English and 5ER are in the final stages of their Non Chronological Reports (NCRs).


To help the children, Dr Ray opened her 'Sentence Surgery' for the more urgent cases and our resident GP, Dr Enever ran the 'Writer's Clinic' for those less urgent cases.

Here Dr Ray was checking to see if Ry's brain was switched on and I am delighted to feedback that it was definitely in working order!

Mrs Daniel strikes again!


She's getting better, right? 


So, that's it for another week.
Remember that if you respond to my question I will be giving you a Citizenship credit!!

Have a good week and I will look forward to 'seeing' you back here next weekend.

Mrs Ray

(who is trying to get Chrismassy but is failing miserably, again!)


8 comments:

  1. I am going to share my excuses story with Mr Chadwick because it is the piece of work I wrote the most for and I feel most confident with it. Noah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Sam Murrey in 5PC. I showed Mr Chadwick my Blue Whale writing because I thought it was very neat and I tried my best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Beth L in 5ER. I showed my Excuses Story to Mr Chadwick because I was one of the winners in my class. I tried my best on it and I thought it was my best handwriting at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I showed mr.chadwick my description I was very pleased with it!

    Isabelle mistry-dyer 5pc

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shared my Marshmallow story with Mr Chadwick because I thougt he'd like it. Chris 5AD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shared my marshmallows story with Mr. Chadwick because I got all greens in the succses criteria. Ry Gerety 5ER

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that maybe Mrs Ray should recheck her stethoscope!!

    ReplyDelete